Monday, September 29, 2014

Acts of Kindness

Hello! I am going to start this post with a little story about something that happened to me.

Well, I was about to have an oral surgery done. If you know me, I hate blood and needles. (The funny thing is, I want to be a nurse someday). For this surgery, like any surgery, the surgeon would have to give me an IV to put me to sleep. Now, I kid you not, I was stressing about this day since I knew it was happening! The night before the surgery, my friends were texting me, telling me that they were praying for me. The next day, everything went fine. After the surgery, as I lay on my couch, a knock sounded at the door. One of my friends had brought me a post-dental surgery care-package! That small act of kindness made my day!

The point that I am trying to make is this: one small act of kindness can make someone's day. If it's just telling a friend that you are thinking about them, or if you tell them that you are praying for them, it can really make a difference. When my friends encouraged me in different ways, it really made me feel loved. If you are a Christian, how are you showing God's love to others? Whether it's to a Christian or non-Christian, how are you showing Christ in your life?

-Marissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment